- n a form of government in which the ruler is an absolute dictator (not restricted by a constitution or laws or opposition etc.)
- The government under the Kamakura shogunate exiled him twice for predicting disasters and foreign invasions if the country's leaders did not stamp out competing sects.
- The Japanese nobleman lived through the country's violent transition from the Heian aristocratic era to the martial Kamakura shogunate, and was surly, severe and infamously ugly .
- In 1867, a group of samurai toppled the last shogunate.
News & Articles
- REVIEW MINI: Nazo no Murasame J? Review Mini
Japanese historical records suggest that Takamaru was hired by the shogunate to vanquish aliens. Nazo no Murasame J? (The Mysterious Murasame Castle) is an action game for the Famicom Disk System that puts players in the role of Takamaru. As an agent of the shogunate, it’s Takamaru’s job to investigate and restore order to the area surrounding Murasame Castle after an alien creature threatens ...
Aug. 6, 2013 - Nintendo World Report