- n a person who makes or repairs shoes
- The world walks in everything from sandals and slippers to sabots and bare soles, but its largest shoemaker covets every foot and aims to cover it.
- Rosenberg and other experts have speculated that the old warrior might have been Rembrandt's older brother Adriaen, a poor shoemaker in Leyden.
- There were also the royal shirtmaker, shoemaker and tailor (all Italians), and four physicians (three French and one Austrian), who were in Morocco to give Hassan a checkup.
News & Articles
- Naval Air Force Atlantic gets new boss
Rear Adm. Mike Shoemaker Shoemaker took over as head of Naval Air Force Atlantic on Friday. Shoemaker will lead a staff of about 500 people who oversee the manning, training and equipping of all East Coast aircraft carriers, air wings and squadrons - a mammoth enterprise that involves 40,000 people and hundreds of aircraft.
June 22, 2013 - Stars and Stripes
- Shoemaker assumes AIRLANT Command
Rear Admiral Troy "Mike" Shoemaker relieved Rear Admiral Ted N. Branch as Commander, Naval Air Force Atlantic (COMNAVAIRLANT) during a change of command ceremony Friday.
June 21, 2013 - WAVY TV 10 Portsmouth
- The Elves and the Shoemaker
News-Times/Rachael Ruybalid - The shoemaker Gunther (Ben Baltzer) and his apprentice Peter (Adam Dovel) have no idea they’re being spied on by the two elves Energetic Elf (Bridget Yamber, center) and Handy Elf (Thomas Ivey, far right).
June 20, 2013 - York News-Times
- Barack Obama in The Canberra Times
It makes more sense to me,Ms Obama says. "If the patriarch in our lineage was Fraser, a shoemaker with one arm, an entrepreneur, someone who was able to own property, and with sheer effort and determination was able to build a life in this...
- Garrett Gomez in USA Today
I'm just happy to be able to participate, much less win two and then accept the Bill Shoemaker Award,Gomez said. "It's beyond my wildest dreams."
- Richard Mandella in USA Today
I know he's got the capability of winning a Grade 1 race like this,Mandella says. "I thought the Shoemaker Mile was a pretty good test to see what level he was at. He was very competitive considering he hadn't run in a long time and he...