cobbler : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a person who makes or repairs shoes
- n tall sweetened iced drink of wine or liquor with fruit
- n a pie made of fruit with rich biscuit dough usually only on top of the fruit
- Cobbler has a crusty topping! I tried to make PEACHBITS fit for a while, despite its having only 4 of the proper letters.
- A fire at a Manhattan cobblers shop separates customers from their footwear.
- In the oven, the cobbler bubbled up into a jammy, scarlet mass with a tender corn-flavored topping.
News & Articles
- Briefly (June 13)
Rib cook-off set River Oaks Care Center will host its 16th annual rib cook-off from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday at 100 Bailey. On the menu are ribs, potato salad, corn on the cob, peach cobbler and soda for $9 per person or BBQ sandwich with chips and soda for $6 per person.
June 13, 2013 - Wichita Falls Times Record News
- Orapup Introduces Two New Lickies Supplements, Strengthens Its Position in the Pet Industry
Orabrush, Inc., the company behind Orapup™, the first tongue cleaner to beat bad dog breath, today announced two new Orapup Lickies™ flavors and supplements: Cherry Chicken Cobbler to fortify joint health, and Cinnamon Chicken Pot Pie to help improve skin and coat.
June 12, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Winning Creation from Food Network Canada's Donut Showdown Now Available at Tim Hortons
New Apple Cobbler donut, inspired by Chef Trista Sheen, is the latest addition to the Tim Hortons menu OAKVILLE, ON, June 11, 2013 /CNW/ - Inspired by a creative competitor that appeared on Food Network ...
June 11, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Rahul Gandhi in Thaindian.com (blog)
I visited a Dalit cobbler who barely gets 50 paise to stitch a portion of a pair of shoes. I asked him if the state government had done anything for him and he turned a blank face to me,Gandhi told a crowd of over 10,000 people who had...
- Nick Faldo in Seattle Times
It's just gone tight and I can't make a backswing or a follow through, so I think I'm in trouble,Faldo said after walking off the course. "It's been an ongoing thing, but I didn't expect this. So, it's peach cobbler time."
- Matt Priddis in Melbourne Herald Sun
Rumour has it he was stung by a stingray or a cobbler, and they're about the two most painful things you can go through,Priddis said. "The little guy, I don't think I've seen him in that much pain before. There was a small little wound,...