- n the act of procrastinating; putting off or delaying or defering an action to a later time
- v be uncertain and vague
- v postpone doing what one should be doing
- Thereupon she did what Susan Anthony, no believer in shillyshally, would have heartily approved: she took a hammer, smashed half her statuary, called in the press.
- No man to shillyshally, he straightway championed labor unions (".
- Margaret sympathized with him; but Theodore, after a long shillyshally, enlisted, muttering all the catchwords of the day.