- n a clergyman who watches over a group of people
- n a herder of sheep (on an open range); someone who keeps the sheep together in a flock
- v watch over like a shepherd, as a teacher of her pupils
- v tend as a shepherd, as of sheep or goats
- He is a shepherd with scant pastoral experience.
- Paul Watson in The Age
A decision by the Rudd Government to close Australia's ports to us would bring a political outcry,Captain Watson said. "Australian and New Zealand ports are presently closed to Japanese whaling vessels, and not Sea Shepherd vessels, for...
- Glenn in Los Angeles Times (blog)
Glenn Inwood, New Zealand spokesman for Japan's Tokyo-based Institute of Cetacean Research, said Bethune's conviction showed "Sea Shepherd is a criminal organization."
- Terri Irwin in International Herald Tribune
Whales have always been in Steve's heart, and in 2006 he was investigating the possibility of joining the Sea Shepherd on part of its journey to defend these beautiful animals,Terri Irwin said in a statement.