- n the act of severing
- v set or keep apart
- v cut off from a whole
- She tests that trust by severing a foot with piano wire and employing a method of needle probing we might call eye-cupuncture.
- The heavy-caliber bullet smashed through King's neck, exploded against his lower right jaw, severing his spinal cord and slamming him away from the rail, up against the wall, with .
- He repels a Grendel attack on Mead Hall, severing the beast's arm.
News & Articles
- Council selects Target 8 as new daycare provider for the Julia A. Lopez center
Two years after severing its longterm contract with the non-profit organization Target 8, the City of Orange Cove is now planning to enter into a new agreement with the childcare provider to serve as the subcontractor at the city’s Julia A. Lopez Child Development Center once again.
June 14, 2013 - The Reedley Exponent
- Critically injured in chainsaw accident
A Hartford man was in critical condition after partially severing his arm with a chainsaw, police said.
June 14, 2013 - WTNH-TV New Haven
- 5-year-old suffered broken bones, severed fingers
A 5-year-old boy who was seriously injured in a freak accident last month is still in and out of surgery as he tries to recover. Ben Bowersox's arm was caught in a cable of a motorized door at Jacksonville Executive at Craig Airport, breaking both of his arms and severing some of his fingers.
June 14, 2013 - WJXT Jacksonville
- Barack Obama in FOXNews
Traveling down the road to self-respect my own white blood would never recede into mere abstraction,Obama wrote. "I was left to wonder what else I would be severing if I left my mother and my grandparents at some uncharted border."
- Saeb Erekat in guardian.co.uk
If the Taliban meet the three conditions put forward -- acceptance of the Afghan constitution, severing connections with Al-Qaeda and other terrorist groups, and renunciation of violence -- and they are accepted in the mainstream of Afghan politics... SM Krishna http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S._M._Krishna&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHG6qu-kAKyNg5nJ61sOIuh4CTSig AFP http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5ixrfXryv3xfHUCPgOM1sMyT4xb9w&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH68ncqh6RF88-1or0CkaEsSN4qOA Jan 30, 2010
88607 118202 severing By severing East Jerusalem from the rest of the West Bank," Mr Erekat said, "the Jerusalem-area wall and settlements mean no viable Palestinian state, no Palestinian capital in East Jerusalem, and thus no viable two-state solution."