- n a card game in which you play your sevens and other cards in sequence in the same suit as the sevens; you win if you are the first to use all your cards
- n the cardinal number that is the sum of six and one
- n one of four playing cards in a deck with seven pips on the face
- But the sevens have a lot of other significances as well.
- Two years after hitting the wedding-date jackpot with lucky sevens, it's all eyes on the nines in Las Vegas for 9-9-09.
- There aren't many musicians who teach the concept of the number seven with a song about a gang of sevens invading a home and demanding cake.
- Jake White in Aljazeera.net
The two biggest threats from Fiji are that they are sevens exponents, they can step and break tackles, and one-on-one they can beat most people,White said. "They probably also have a huge amount of confidence, so when you play a team like...
- Eric Mangini in USA Today
I've really liked his inherent leadership, his presence and I thought he was very fluid in the passing game in seven-on-sevens and things like that,Mangini said. "The person we researched is the person who's here."
- Jacques Rogge in Independent
Two years ago, sevens failed to win enough support to gain admittance for the London 2012 games, but Rogge said of the format: "The top is far broader in sevens, and you don't have the huge margins of victory you get in 15s - that would be good for...