fantan : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a Chinese gambling game; a random number of counters are placed under a bowl and you gamble on how many will be left (0, 1, 2, or 3 modulo 4)
- n a card game in which you play your sevens and other cards in sequence in the same suit as the sevens; you win if you are the first to use all your cards
- One million, four hundred thousand Portuguese patacas ($340,000) was the successful bid of a gaming syndicate last week for the 1931 fantan concession at Macao,.
- As usual, the men swarmed ashore to jam the smoky teahouses and to try their luck at fantan.
- It is almost dark in the gambling house by the bridge, but a fantan game is going on.