- n serial arrangement in which things follow in logical order or a recurrent pattern
the sequence of names was alphabetical
he invented a technique to determine the sequence of base pairs in DNA
- n a following of one thing after another in time
the doctor saw a sequence of patients
- n film consisting of a succession of related shots that develop a given subject in a movie
- n the action of following in order
he played the trumps in sequence
- n several repetitions of a melodic phrase in different keys
- v arrange in a sequence
- v determine the order of constituents in
They sequenced the human genome
- The future is a terrible place, but at least it's pretty stylin' it looks like an animated title sequence from a 1960s movie, all angular graphics and silhouettes and primary .
- The members of the Rules and Bylaws Committee are familiar with the sequence of events that have brought us to the present situation.
- Pilgrim ricochets helplessly from decade to decade, living the episodes of his life in no particular sequence, not excluding his own death, his capture by aliens called .
News & Articles
- Kanye West's American Psycho Parody Featuring Scott Disick—Watch the Yeezus Promo!
Now here's an unusual way to hype your new album. Kanye West has posted a short film on his official website re-imagining a classic sequence from the grisly 2000 thriller, American...
June 18, 2013 - E! Online
- The secret of DNA methylation
( Université de Genève ) Methylation refers to a chemical modification of DNA and this modification can occur in millions of positions in the DNA sequence. Until now, scientists believed that this epigenetic phenomenon actively reduced the expression of certain genes. Today, a team of researchers from the University of Geneva, Switzerland, led by Emmanouil Dermitzakis, Louis-Jeantet Professor at ...
June 18, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Researchers sequence the genome of global deep ocean
Biologists have started to sequence the genome of the global deep ocean. They are using more than 2,000 samples of microorganisms collected in the Atlantic, Indian and Pacific Oceans during the Malaspina Expedition. This collection of marine microbial genomic, the first in the world on a global scale, will provide new clues about a reservoir of biodiversity yet to explore.
June 12, 2013 - Science Daily
- Arlen Specter in Seattle Post Intelligencer
Everybody pooh-poohs it,Specter said of the investigation. "It's ridiculous to make that kind of contention. That sequence is incomprehensible. It's an insult to the intelligence of the people who follow it. They owe the public a lot more...
- Adrian Fulford in AFP
I have no doubt that they were both part of an Al-Qaeda-inspired and controlled sequence of attacks,said Judge Adrian Fulford at Woolwich Crown Court. "This was a viable, indeed a very nearly successful, attempt at mass murder. It was long...
- Scott E Fahlman in Appscout
I propose the following character sequence for joke markers: :-),wrote Fahlman.