- n the quality of being worthy of esteem or respect
- She has started a foundation, TZone, to empower young women in dealing with issues of physicality and self-respect.
- But the real point of the spinning was to teach appreciation for manual labor, restore self-respect lost to colonial subjugation and cultivate inner strength.
- And yet one miracle of Semenya's story is that in a nation of little tolerance and where apartheid crushed self-respect, Semenya's achievements have brought her both.
News & Articles
- 3 Tips To Build The Trait That Drives Business: Self-Respect
Even if you don’t read anything else I’ve said in prior columns about the 7 Non-Negotiables, I hope you will read this column. Today I will talk about the trait that perhaps surpasses all others in driving the hard results of business success: self-respect.
June 6, 2013 - Forbes
- Barack Obama in FOXNews
Traveling down the road to self-respect my own white blood would never recede into mere abstraction,Obama wrote. "I was left to wonder what else I would be severing if I left my mother and my grandparents at some uncharted border."
- Alton Brown in BusinessWeek
We like the way the organization is run from a business standpoint,Brown said. "I'm very big on self-reliance -- moving people who are currently locked up in poverty to self-respect and using animals to do it."
- Mort Zuckerman in New York Times
Mr. Zuckerman argued that no one since Julius Rosenberg, executed for espionage in 1953, had "so damaged the image and self-respect of Jews."