- n the quality of being worthy of esteem or respect
it was beneath his dignity to cheat
showed his true dignity when under pressure
- n formality in bearing and appearance
he behaved with great dignity
- n high office or rank or station
he respected the dignity of the emissaries
- I want him to know that his love has dignity, that he does indeed have a future as a full and equal part of the human race.
- For several years now Americans have been hearing a somber new slogan: "Death with dignity.
- Among the blunt instruments in President Juan Pern's political knapsack is a 1948 law making it a punishable offense to write or say "anything that offends the dignity of.
- Gordon Brown in NDTV.com
It is a relationship that is founded on our common values of liberty, opportunity and the dignity of the individual,Brown said in a statement.