- n a sheltered port where ships can take on or discharge cargo
- Chicago, 1,000 miles from the ocean, announced that she would make her formal bow as a seaport on August 15.
- Visits with Ahmadinejad and an expensive seaport project are just a few signs of a growing alliance between the Central American nation and Washington's nemesis.
- Some days later, he arrived at Alex- andria, Egypt's greatest seaport.
News & Articles
- Mayor proposes Lower East Side 'Seaport City' to combat flooding
Photo credit: A rendering of the proposed Seaport City, a new neighborhood that would emulate Battery Park City. Downtown Manhattan's footprint could get wider under Mayor Michael Bloomberg plan for a "Stronger, More Resilient New York."
June 11, 2013 - amNewYork
- Bloomberg Wants To Create "Seaport City" To Save NYC From Global Warming
Now that we know New York City's future is that of a country-fried floodzone, what are we going to do about it? Today Mayor Bloomberg released a 430-page report outlining his vision to bolster the city against future incidents of extreme weather and global warming. The most intriguing idea: Seaport City, a Battery Park City for the East Side. Man, this fourth Bloomberg term is ...
June 11, 2013 - Gothamist
- Seaport to consider firms for Landing plan
The Grays Harbor Historical Seaport Authority board of directors will hold a special meeting Tuesday at 6:30 p.m to consider the planning committee’s recommendation for the firm that will create a master plan for Seaport Landing, Capt. Les Bolton, executive director said Friday. The firm was chosen out of a possible 23 companies that responded in mid-April to the initial request for “statements ...
June 8, 2013 - The Daily World
- Ali Mohamed Gedi in Baku Today
Kismayo is already in the hands of the government. The Islamists have run away ...... the airport and the seaport are free. There are still some mopping up operations,Gedi told ÐFÐ in Mogadishu on Monday.
- Salad Ali Jelle in Reuters
They visited the airport, port and seaport. They seemed content with our preparations,Jelle said, predicting deployment would take place very soon after the visit. "We hope 4,000 troops will be deployed. The troops are expected to come...
- Tony Blair in BusinessWeek
Look, we have a sensible policy now,Blair said today in an interview with Israeli Army Radio. "There is no need to bring things directly into the seaport in Gaza."