scuffle : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n disorderly fighting
- n a hoe that is used by pushing rather than pulling
- n an unceremonious and disorganized struggle
- v walk by dragging one's feet
- v fight or struggle in a confused way at close quarters
the drunken men started to scuffle
- Although officials from the local Modesto school district ruled the scuffle "mutual," the white classmate received a three-day suspension while Russell was sent home for a little .
- You play Jimmy, and your job is to scuffle your way through the social hierarchy, righting wrongs and shutting down the bad kids (put your outrage down, folks, this is an anti .
- When police tried to seize an African at the gate to the compound, there was a scuffle and the crowd advanced toward the fence.
News & Articles
- Police scuffle with anti-G8 protesters in UK
Police scuffled with scores of anti-G8 demonstrators in central London and surrounded a building where protest organizers were meeting on Tuesday before a summit of world leaders in Britain next week.
June 11, 2013 - Chicago Tribune
- Relations 'good' after criticism and scuffle - di Resta
Jun.11 (GMM) Paul di Resta insists his relationship with Force India remains "good", despite two rounds of hefty criticism and rumours of a garage scuffle. The Scot was not only heavily critical of the team's qualifying strategy in Monaco, but he said the way Force India left him in the Montreal pits with a minor problem during the best track conditions last Saturday was ... Keep reading
June 11, 2013 - Motorsport.com
- Biebs' Crew in Trouble for Gun
A photographer who was involved in a scuffle with Justin Bieber’s bodyguards has taken legal action against the teen heartthrob and his employee.
June 10, 2013 - Fox News
- David Beckham in Sydney Morning Herald
The actual fan literally just walked in very casually and just said something to me and then walked out - there was no scuffle, there was no aggression at all,he said at a Football Association reception in Johannesburg. "He didn't comment...
- Barack Obama in International Herald Tribune
Asked in an interview broadcast on NBC's "Today" show whether the issue had been resolved, Obama replied, "I'm still in a scuffle around that."
- Lou Piniella in USA Today
It's only July. I don't see where you should be pressing,Cubs manager Lou Piniella said. "We're just not hitting with men on base, and when the middle part of your lineup's not driving in runs, it becomes a little bit of a scuffle. That's...