- n a fiercely disputed contest
their rancor dated from a political dogfight between them
a real dogfight for third place
a prolonged dogfight over their rival bids for the contract
- n disorderly fighting
- n an aerial engagement between fighter planes
- n a violent fight between dogs (sometimes organized illegally for entertainment and gambling)
- v arrange for an illegal dogfight
- v engage in an aerial battle with another fighter plane
- He has pledged to use his first veto if next year's defense authorization bill contains funding for extra F-22s, knowing that losing this dogfight would doom Gates' effort to .
- Death Eaters are waiting, and a dogfight ensues.
- Winning an aerial dogfight ranks right up there with mounting a cavalry charge as required skill for today's military.
News & Articles
- This Was The Coolest Thing I Played at E3
This year's E3 was amazing: dozens of terrific-looking games for fans, press and industry to demo and watch. Yet one really stood above the pack, even if it was a simple tech demo. Still, most demos don't let you dogfight in space through the power of virtual reality. CCP developer Dave Gundry said the team was so excited when they got their Oculus Rift virtual reality headsets that they wanted ...
June 18, 2013 - Mashable
- Competition is heating up in mobile payment system industry
Square, which pioneered the use of smartphones and tablets to make and receive payments, is about to find itself in a dogfight with PayPal. Forget ka-ching. Its all tap-tap these days.
June 13, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Spurs vs Heat Game 4: Biggest Key to Victory for Each Team
The direction of the NBA Finals will be irrevocably changed after Game 4. Either the Miami Heat are going to level the series, or the San Antonio Spurs are going to jump out to a 3-1 lead and all but lock up the NBA title. Coming into the Finals, you would have thought that each game would be a dogfight with little separating the teams. Instead you've had a very good Game 1 followed up by two ...
June 13, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Aaron Rodgers in USA Today
I'm a competitor. I'm going to compete,Rodgers said. "This isn't going to be easy. It's going to be a dogfight. I know if they do open up the competition, not a lot of people will give me a chance. But I believe in myself, and I'm going to...
- Harry Reid in Washington Post
I think that's where you're going to see the next dogfight,Reid predicted.
- Kris Draper in KAALtv.com
We're still up 3-2,center Kris Draper said. "That's something that we've got to keep hammering home. We're in a dogfight with a great hockey club. You don't expect that to be easy."