school : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an educational institution
the school was founded in 1900
- n a building where young people receive education
the school was built in 1932
he walked to school every morning
- n the process of being formally educated at a school
what will you do when you finish school?
- n a body of creative artists or writers or thinkers linked by a similar style or by similar teachers
the Venetian school of painting
- n the period of instruction in a school; the time period when school is in session
stay after school
he didn't miss a single day of school
when the school day was done we would walk home together
- n an educational institution's faculty and students
the school keeps parents informed
the whole school turned out for the game
- n a large group of fish
a school of small glittering fish swam by
- v educate in or as if in a school
The children are schooled at great cost to their parents in private institutions
- v teach or refine to be discriminative in taste or judgment
She is well schooled in poetry
- v swim in or form a large group of fish
A cluster of schooling fish was attracted to the bait
- I wear a school uniform and loose socks to school, so I had to change.
- Viewpoint: Can security be increased without turning schools into armed camps? An expert on disaster preparedness tells how it can be done.
- As gas prices go up and bus service eats into school budgets, more districts are starting to cut class.
News & Articles
- School board approves improvement bonds
The Starkville School District Board of Trustees Tuesday approved up to $9.95 million in spending power in which at least $2 million in no-interest loans will be used for various maintenance and repair projects.
June 12, 2013 - The Commercial Dispatch
- School Specialty Exits Bankruptcy
School Specialty Exits Bankruptcy
June 11, 2013 - Nasdaq
- LeBron James in BYU Newsnet
I think the major factor and the major reason in my decision was the best opportunity to win, and to win now, and to the future also,James said. "Winning is a big thing for me, ever since I was a rookie or I was in high school. That was...
- Arlen Specter in Huffington Post (blog)
Well, Solicitor General Kagan, I think the commentaries in the media are accurate. We started off with a standard that you articulated at the University of Chicago Law School about substantive discussions,Specter said. "And they say we...
- Steve Rogers in International Herald Tribune
It hits home harder than it would if it had happened at a bigger school,said Steve Rogers, an assistant football coach at the Mennonite-affiliated university of 1,155 students.