- n one of a series of rounded projections (or the notches between them) formed by curves along an edge (as the edge of a leaf or piece of cloth or the margin of a shell or a shriveled red blood cell observed in a hypertonic solution etc.)
- n edible muscle of mollusks having fan-shaped shells; served broiled or poached or in salads or cream sauces
- n thin slice of meat (especially veal) usually fried or broiled
- n edible marine bivalve having a fluted fan-shaped shell that swim by expelling water from the shell in a series of snapping motions
- v decorate an edge with scallops
the dress had a scalloped skirt
- v bake in a sauce, milk, etc., often with breadcrumbs on top
- v form scallops in
scallop the meat
- v fish for scallops
- v shape or cut in scallops
scallop the hem of the dress
- Will Angel Palacios appall the judges with his spherified scallop 'egg,'? Will Timothy Hollingsworth fill out his fish plate and redeem America's reputation?.
- Rare tuna and scallop come with salt-baked fennel-and-scallop sausage.
- Now the familiar Shaw logothe SB embossed on a scallop-shaped shieldis visible again, in ravishing color and wide-screen ShawScope.
News & Articles
- Outdoors: Both man and nature must share blame for demise of shellfish
Where have all our big sets of shellfish gone? Thirty years ago, we used to drag the bottom off Barnstableand#8217;s Kalmus Beach for abundant scallops. After major storms, we could expect to pick a good number of them washed up on the beach.
June 11, 2013 - Worcester Telegram & Gazette
- Easy dinner recipes: Ceviche!
Ceviche options include scallop, shrimp and halibut.
June 7, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Easy Dinner Recipe: Ceviche
Looking for something perfectly cool for a hot summer day? Oh, and simple? And ready in about an hour? Try ceviche. Specifically, this scallop ceviche recipe requested by Amanda in Encino:
June 7, 2013 - Hartford Courant