- n an ordered reference standard
judging on a scale of 1 to 10
- n relative magnitude
they entertained on a grand scale
- n the ratio between the size of something and a representation of it
the scale of the map
the scale of the model
- n a specialized leaf or bract that protects a bud or catkin
- n a thin flake of dead epidermis shed from the surface of the skin
- n (music) a series of notes differing in pitch according to a specific scheme (usually within an octave)
- n a measuring instrument for weighing; shows amount of mass
- n an indicator having a graduated sequence of marks
- n a metal sheathing of uniform thickness (such as the shield attached to an artillery piece to protect the gunners)
- n a flattened rigid plate forming part of the body covering of many animals
- v measure by or as if by a scale
This bike scales only 25 pounds
- v pattern, make, regulate, set, measure, or estimate according to some rate or standard
- v take by attacking with scaling ladders
The troops scaled the walls of the fort
- v reach the highest point of
We scaled the Mont Blanc
- v climb up by means of a ladder
- v remove the scales from
- v measure with or as if with scales
scale the gold
- v size or measure according to a scale
This model must be scaled down
- Good thing Oprah doesn't have Ryanair's scales, or she'd be more depressed than usual.
- It's way off the scale.
- The bigger problem is scale.
News & Articles
- Kaminario Announces Performance Consistency Guarantee on Scale-Out All-Flash Array
Kaminario, the leading scale-out all-flash array provider, today announced the availability of its Performance Consistency Guarantee, which ensures that during a system failure, the overall performance ...
June 26, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Coraid Scale-Out Etherdrive Powers Data-Intensive Workload at Emerson College
Coraid®, a leading provider of scale-out Ethernet storage solutions, today announced that Emerson College has selected Coraid EtherDrive® SRX storage arrays to provide the shared storage for its VMware ...
June 25, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Utility-Scale Renewable Energy Storage - Global Strategic Business Report 2013-2018 - Smart Grids to Drive Demand
DUBLIN, June 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets ( http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/pc4v4x/utilityscale ) has announced the addition of the "Utility-Scale Renewable Energy Storage ...
June 25, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Barack Obama in Sydney Morning Herald
Now, there are some who question the scale of our ambitions -- who suggest that our system cannot tolerate too many big plans,Obama said in his speech, in answer to concerns from some Republican lawmakers who oppose big government.
- President Bush in Christian Science Monitor
Bush said, "In Iraq, we are witnessing the first large-scale Arab uprising against Osama bin Laden, his grim ideology, and his terror network."
- Jon S Corzine in Ø§Ù„ØªÙŠØ§Ø± Ø§Ù„ÙˆØ·Ù†ÙŠ
In a statement, New Jersey Gov. Jon Corzine said: "Any corruption is unacceptable -- anywhere, anytime, by anybody. The scale of corruption we're seeing as this unfolds is simply outrageous and cannot be tolerated."