saucer : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n something with a round shape resembling a flat circular plate
- n a small shallow dish for holding a cup at the table
- n directional antenna consisting of a parabolic reflector for microwave or radio frequency radiation
- n a disk used in throwing competitions
- FLYING SAUCER FROM MARS (153 pp.
- The Air Force has been so bedeviled by reports of flying saucers (the little-men-from-Venus kind) that it is almost afraid to talk about saucer-shaped aircraft.
- Headon, the thing suggested an amphibious flying saucer with rudder trouble.
News & Articles
- UFO in Logan Square ... or Photoshop?
Was it a mysterious ship in the sky over Logan Square, or just a not-so-clever Photoshop? Most likely, the latter. A photo making the rounds Tuesday claims a saucer hovered low over the north side neighborhood before taking off "in a blink" during rush hour, according to a report filed to the Mutual UFO Network's website . The site collects reports of UFOs from around the world. "I am writing ...
June 12, 2013 - RedEye
- Samuel Pahlsson in KTVU.com
It was a really great pass, a backhand saucer across the crease,Pahlsson said. "It was almost perfect."
- Joe Bugel in International Herald Tribune
He's a tough dude,offensive line coach Joe Bugel said. "He's got good football intelligence, and he's one rookie that came in and is not intimidated. A lot of those guys get saucer eyes, you line up against Jason Taylor and probably want...
- Kris Draper in Vancouver Sun
Dally made a lovely little saucer pass right off my chin and in,said Draper. "There's six stitches in there and three teeth aren't where they're supposed to be, but that's okay, I tasted blood, teeth and goal all at the same time. I'll...