romantic : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a soulful or amorous idealist
- n an artist of the Romantic Movement or someone influenced by Romanticism
- a belonging to or characteristic of Romanticism or the Romantic Movement in the arts
- s expressive of or exciting sexual love or romance
a romantic adventure
a romantic moonlight ride
- s not sensible about practical matters; idealistic and unrealistic
a romantic disregard for money
- The Adventures of Robin Hood: Erich Wolfgang Korngold was the greatest of Hollywood's many romantic composerslet's give a grateful nod here to Max Steiner, Franz Waxman, Miklos .
- Julie Walters, Meryl Streep, and Christine Baranski (left to right) in a scene from the musical romantic comedy, "Mamma Mia!".
- A Scottish study suggests that romantic movies create unrealistic expectations in real life.
News & Articles
- Cuyahoga Valley: A spiritual retreat
There's romance in our National Parks, and not just the human kind. A self-described hopeless romantic, park ranger Margaret Adams likes to lead the full moon night hikes at Cuyahoga Valley National Park in Ohio.
June 13, 2013 - CNN
- A Kim/Kanye retrospective
The world has been exposed to the romantic escapades of eccentric rapper Kanye West and tabloid darling/reality star Kim Kardashian, willingly or not, since they made their relationship public in April 2012.
June 12, 2013 - CNN
- It Turns Out That Getting Married At IKEA Can Be Romantic
When we hear IKEA, we think of horse meatballs , monkeys , and that hilarious Louie episode —but we don't normally associate the Swedish domesticity warehouse with romance. Not so for Shirley and Berkely Smith, who originally met at an IKEA in New Jersey over seven years ago. The two tied the knot this past weekend, and they did so at the most romantic place they could think of: IKEA. [ more › ]
June 12, 2013 - Gothamist
- Helen Mirren in ABC News
I don't even really like seeing people kiss in movies,she said. "This movie is about as romantic as I can handle."
- Gwen Stefani in Net Music Countdown
Stefani says, "I can't wait to get pregnant again. It's so fun and consuming and romantic. Obviously, I'm in a race to have another, but I don't want to do it while on tour."
- Gisele Bundchen in Vancouver Sun
It was definitely a surprise for both of us,Bundchen says. "In the beginning, you're living this romantic fantasy; you're thinking, 'This can't be true, it's so good!' And then, Whoops - wake-up call!"