- s most frequent or common
- s excessively abundant
- The Portraits On a day rife with tragedy and terror, ordinary people became extraordinary heroes.
- My life has been rife with difficulties, though I know comparatively, many may have been far worse off than me.
- Divas are expected to be difficult; opera lore is rife with tales of their devouring egos and overweening eccentricities -- not to mention the outrageous quirks of arrogant male .
- Richard Blumenthal in Reuters UK
This shocking revelation, resulting from our subpoena, provides compelling proof that social networking sites remain rife with sexual predators,Blumenthal said in a statement.
- Nemanja Vidic in The Guardian
I have never had a conflict of any kind with Sir Alex Ferguson and rife speculation that I want to leave United is completely untrue,Vidic said. "I have a contract until the summer of 2012 and I have every intention of seeing it through to...
- Pat Riley in SI.com
Is it a dark day? I think there's been a lot of dark days. You go back to the Black Sox scandal. There's always been those moments. You go back to the early '50s when college basketball was absolutely rife with point-shaving guys,Miami Heat...