dominant : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (music) the fifth note of the diatonic scale
- n an allele that produces the same phenotype whether its paired allele is identical or different
- a exercising influence or control
television plays a dominant role in molding public opinion
the dominant partner in the marriage
- a (of genes) producing the same phenotype whether its allele is identical or dissimilar
- s most frequent or common
- There are those who insist that Hitler is not the century's dominant figure because he was simply the latest in a long line of murderous figures, stretching back to before Genghis .
- Motherhood, the Stars and Stripes and God were equal parts of a lifelong strategy that would establish Metro Goldwyn Mayer as the industry's dominant film factory, from the silent .
- Their dominant-submissive ratings had been previously established, and Champ-ness was interested in seeing to what degree their reaction would confirm the pattern.
News & Articles
- Carlos Zambrano dominant in IronPigs win at Toledo
Carlos Zambrano was dominant in a 3-0 IronPigs win over Toledo on Tuesday night. Zambrano tossed seven shutout innings, striking out six and scattering five hits to shut down the Mud Hens in his second start for Lehigh Valley. Cesar Hernandez drove in two runs for the 'Pigs with Steve Susdorf adding the other. The IronPigs will continue their series in Toledo on Wednesday night at 7:00.
June 19, 2013 - WFMZ Eastern Pennsylvania and Western New Jersey
- All News
The dominant winners of two Illinois-bred turf stakes Saturday appeared to have exited their races in good condition, and both are likely to return in open stakes July 13, Million Preview Day.
June 19, 2013 - Daily Racing Form
- Biggest Threats to Miami Heat Remaining NBA's Most Dominant Team
The Miami Heat are the unquestioned best paper team in the NBA , regardless of what happens in the 2013 Finals. With that being said, the Heat have shown signs of being human and that has some questioning how long they can remain on top. The question is, which team could surpass them as the most dominant in the NBA? There are countless contenders that truly aren't legitimate, as their intrigue ...
June 18, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Joachim Loew in The Associated Press
I am sure the Spanish can win any game,Germany coach Joachim Loew said, "because they are dominant and it's hard to contain their attack."
- Phil Gramm in Bloomberg
We've never been more dominant; we've never had more natural advantages than we have today,Gramm told the newspaper.
- Barack Obama in History News Network
We can be certain of this much: Theodore Roosevelt would have never said, as President Obama said recently, "Whether we like it or not, we remain a dominant military superpower."