- v love unquestioningly and uncritically or to excess; venerate as an idol
- v regard with feelings of respect and reverence; consider hallowed or exalted or be in awe of
- s profoundly honored
revered holy men
- He has been revered by generations of teachers inspired by the belief that children are not empty vessels to be filled with knowledge (as traditional pedagogical theory had it) but .
- PRO: Oversaw Thailand's transition to democracy and is hugely popular in his country, where he is revered as a virtual god.
- A native of Sierra Leone, Jones is the revered plant breeder who developed NERICA, the New Rices for Africa, a set of high-productivity rices adapted to West Africa's growing .
News & Articles
- Bob Marley Classics Get The EDM Treatment
Fifteen of the most revered reggae songs of all time have been remixed by the industry's hottest names in dance music production for Bob Marley and the Wailers: Legend Remixed
June 15, 2013 - antiMUSIC
- Perez, trainer to Barrera and Vazquez, dies
Rudy Perez, who trained several top fighters and was revered as a great motivator, died Thursday in Mexico City after a lengthy battle with stomach cancer.
June 14, 2013 - ESPN
- Darondo, Cult-Adored San Francisco Soul Man, Dead at 67
Cult-revered Bay Area soul man Darondo has passed away at the age of 67. Born William Daron Pulliam, the songwriter and performer was famous for his flamboyant personal style and a voice that combined the entrancing sensitivity of greats like Al Green and Ronald Isley with a rawer, idiosyncratic touch that was all his own...
June 13, 2013 - Spin
- Jesse Jackson in Sydney Morning Herald
Mr Jackson's son, Jesse jnr, a congressman and a key figure in Obama's campaign, said: "Revered Jackson is my dad and I'll always love him. He should know how hard that I've worked for the last year and a half as a national co-chair of Barack...
- Andy Garcia in BBC News
He is revered by all who have come in contact with him and his music,Garcia said in a statement. "Maestro...... you have been my teacher and you took me in like a son. I will continue to rejoice with your music and carry our traditions...
- Bud Selig in CNN
He was revered throughout the country and will be remembered wherever the game is played. Kirby was taken from us much too soon -- and too quickly,Selig said.