- n American silversmith remembered for his midnight ride (celebrated in a poem by Longfellow) to warn the colonists in Lexington and Concord that British troops were coming (1735-1818)
- n a lapel on a woman's garment; turned back to show the reverse side
- v love unquestioningly and uncritically or to excess; venerate as an idol
- v regard with feelings of respect and reverence; consider hallowed or exalted or be in awe of
- People in Asia revere their ancestors and in almost all nations in Asia there are days earmarked in the calendar to remember and pray for the ancestors.
- The hermit who comes to the village every spring is revered for his compassion and his unfailing faith in the innate goodness of all human beings.
- It is ironic that we revere artists only after they are dead.
News & Articles
- Revere water rates soar
REVERE — Residents will see a significant increase in water and sewer rates starting July 1 when rates jump a combined 12 percent. The increase is tied directly to an order from the Environmental Protection Agency to the city to clean up its aging water and sewer system.
June 17, 2013 - The Daily Item
- Revere Runs 5K caps off completion of second annual Fitness Challenge
REVERE — More than 250 residents turned out to celebrate the end of the second annual Revere Fitness Challenge by taking part in the Revere Runs 5K run/walk and the Health and Wellness Fair.
June 14, 2013 - The Daily Item
- Revere Businessman Seeks To Outbid Red Sox For Control Of Yawkey Way
A Revere businessman is trying to outbid the Red Sox to take over Yawkey Way outside Fenway Park on game days.
June 14, 2013 - CBS Boston
- Barack Obama in Hindu
I didn't serve, as many people my age, because the Vietnam war was over by the time I was of draft age and we went to an all-volunteer Army,Obama told reporters on his plane. "But obviously I revere our soldiers and want to make sure they...
- Elena Kagan in Christian Broadcasting Network
Kagan responded saying, "I respect and indeed I revere the military."
- Jon Huntsman in 33 KDAF-TV
The Republican values I'm speaking to are right out of ...... Teddy Roosevelt's playbook. He taught us all to revere our land, to leave a legacy ...... to the next generation,Huntsman said. "I'm also doing a very Republican thing to...