- n something left after other parts have been taken away
- n (often plural) a payment that is made to a performer or writer or director of a television show or commercial that is paid for every repeat showing
he could retire on his residuals
- a relating to or indicating a remainder
- Those of us struggling with the residual effects of stroke certainly don't need to be reminded of what it means when the brain is damaged.
- That residual force has been mentioned as Odierno's baby and a way to keep combat troops in the country just by relabeling them.
- But that's the residual effect of exercise.
News & Articles
- Reunion Acts: Second Verse, Same as the First
PORTLAND, Ore. (TheStreet) -- Maybe it's some residual nostalgia from last week's observations about Generation X's newfound role as Old Guy At The Rock Show. Maybe it's just some selective amnesia wearing off and the writer remembering he'd seen Gorilla Biscuits, Lifetime and The Sheila Divine reunion gigs in recent years. Either way, an apology is in order: Reunion concerts are a great thing ...
June 14, 2013 - TheStreet.com
- Nanoparticles helping to recover more oil
When petroleum companies abandon an oil well, more than half the reservoir’s oil is usually left behind as too difficult to recover. Now, however, much of the residual oil can be recovered with the help of nanoparticles and a simple law of physics.
June 14, 2013 - Science Daily
- Fitch Rates Morgan Stanley & Co. Incorporated Trust Floater & Residual Certificates Series 2008-3336
Fitch Ratings assigns the following ratings to the floater certificates and residual certificates of the Morgan Stanley & Co. Incorporated Trust series listed below:
June 13, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- David Petraeus in Economic Times
And so certainly, residual links would not be a surprise. The question is what the character of those links is and what the activities are behind them,Petraeus said.
- Ban Ki-moon in Reuters
This initiative will offer indoor residual spraying, and bed nets treated with long-lasting insecticide, to all people at risk, especially women and children in Africa,Ban said.
- Tiger Wood in BlueRidgeNow.com
I just don't have a choice,Woods said. "We simply don't know what type of swelling there would be or if there would be any residual effects the next day once you start wheeling and dealing on the knee. Everyone's body reacts differently."