- n any address at which you dwell more than temporarily
a person can have several residences
- n the official house or establishment of an important person (as a sovereign or president)
he refused to live in the governor's residence
- n the act of dwelling in a place
- n a large and imposing house
- RISK TAKER: Sharon outlined his political strategy in a meeting with PTI journalists at his Jerusalem residence.
- Mao was in no hurry to take up residence in the ancient imperial capital.
- Tila Tequila at a Beechwood Canyon residence belonging to her publicist, in the Hollywood hills.