- n the state or quality of being widely honored and acclaimed
- Her experience there, and later in Boston, led her to publish her now-renown Book of Medical Discourses In Two Parts, one of the first known medical writings by an African American .
- By 1928, when the above photo was taken, Oktoberfest had already achieved wide renown, with tens of thousands of guests descending upon Munich each year.
- More than seem plausible for a black youngster from segregated Richmond, Virginia, whose ticket to worldwide renown and recognition was punched in a sport that was almost the .
News & Articles
- Expedition hopes to find La Salle's long lost ship
TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. (AP) — As a teenager, Steve Libert was mesmerized by a teacher's stories of the brash 17th Century French explorer La Salle, who journeyed across the Great Lakes and down the Mississippi in a quest for a trade route to the Far East that he hoped would bring riches and renown.
June 13, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Expedition to northern Lake Michigan may reveal location of La Salle's long lost ship Griffin
TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. — As a teenager, Steve Libert was mesmerized by a teacher's stories of the brash 17th Century French explorer La Salle, who journeyed across the Great Lakes and down the Mississippi in a quest for a trade route to the Far East that he hoped would bring riches and renown.
June 13, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- Russell Crowe & Jimmy Fallon Are Now Masters of the Michael Jackson Crotch Grab
Last night on Fallon, Jimmy was joined by renown choreographer/dancer Jamie King to discuss his massive Vegas show. It would have been a pretty standard interview had King not been sitting next to Russell Crowe , who was out earlier to hype Man of Steel , and who took part in King's impromptu class on Michael Jackson moves. Before you scream " shamone ," King had Crowe and Fallon grabbing their ...
June 11, 2013 - Zimbio
- Alessandra Stanley in guardian.co.uk
It's not unimaginable that Ms. Palin, who once worked as a television sports reporter, could someday follow (Ronald) Reagan's path in reverse and cash in her political renown to become a show-business celebrity,New York Times critic...
- Jerry Jones in San Diego Union Tribune
We thought we'd be better served to let him not push off on it today,Jones said. "We are being sensitive to it and we are watching it. For a guy who is renown for playing hurt, renown for working hard and wanting to be out here, we don't...
- Tim Pawlenty in Pioneer Press
Robert Bly is a Minnesota treasure,Pawlenty said in a news release. "His many works, impressive 40-year career and national renown will help promote poetry in Minnesota."