- n the state or quality of being widely honored and acclaimed
- n favorable public reputation
- Claim to fame: He took his family's century-old shoe factory in the Marche region of Italy and turned it into a leading luxury leather-goods brand with $466 million in sales .
- But they have changed the way the fame game is played.
- A failed American football player finds fame and fortune in Japan by beating people senseless.
News & Articles
- Virginia Sports Hall of Fame adds summer programs for kids
PORTSMOUTH — The Virginia Sports Hall of Fame and Museum is expanding its summer programs for children that aim to connect hall of famers of the future with those of the past.
June 18, 2013 - Daily Press
- Hoop Star's Maine Hall of Fame Induction Revoked
The Maine Sports Hall of Fame has revoked the induction of a former college basketball star following his conviction on a child pornography charge. Sixty-two-year-old Dana Wilson of Brewer was inducted into the hall in May 2012 for his basketball accomplishments at Bangor's Husson College, where . . .
June 18, 2013 - WABI Bangor
- Hoops star's Maine Hall of Fame induction revoked
BANGOR, Maine (AP) — The Maine Sports Hall of Fame has revoked the induction of a former college basketball star following his conviction on a child pornography charge.
June 18, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Brad Childress in FOXSports.com
It was a rare and unique opportunity to consider adding not only a future Hall of Fame quarterback but one that is very familiar with our system and division,Childress said in a statement. "That does not detract from the team that we have....
- Alex Rodriguez in USA Today
During a television interview this week, Rodriguez said of Braden that he didn't want "to extend his extra 15 minutes of fame."
- Barry Bonds in SI.com
I don't think you can put an asterisk in the game of baseball, and I don't think that the Hall of Fame can accept an asterisk,Bonds said. "You cannot give people the freedom, the right to alter history. You can't do it. There's no such...