- n a safe place
- n something or someone turned to for assistance or security
took refuge in lying
- n a shelter from danger or hardship
- n act of turning to for assistance
- As much as it seemed to be a successful strike against terrorism, the attack was also a testament to Somalia's longevity as a refuge for Islamist militants.
- The Sabine refuge has been allotted $12 million for cleanup.
- As tear gas wafts into his refuge in the Brazilian embassy, the ousted president stands his ground even though he can't quite step out of the diplomatic compound.
News & Articles
- Refuge wants to raise butterfly awareness
The Savannah National Wildlife Refuge will present a butterfly awareness program June 26.
June 14, 2013 - Island Packet
- Junior Refuge Manager Day held at wildlife refuge in Vernon
With the enticing warm weather comes an increase in local activities. The Wallkill River National Wildlife Refuge will be the host for several upcoming June activities. Sunday June 2 was Junior refuge Manager Day where people, especially children were encouraged to learn about the variety of wildlife protected by the refuge.
June 14, 2013 - The Record
- Colombia refuge for forlorn wild animals fights for survival
Ana Julia Torres takes in abused and castoff wildlife at Villa Lorena in Cali. But the money has finally run out, she says. CALI, Colombia — Ask Ana Julia Torres how many children she has, and she'll say 652: two human offspring plus the hundreds of tigers, lions, mules, snakes, monkeys and other species residing at her refuge north of here. The creatures have typically been seized from or cast ...
June 14, 2013 - Los Angeles Times