reflectivity : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the fraction of radiant energy that is reflected from a surface
- n the ability to reflect beams or rays
- n the capability of quiet thought or contemplation
- The composition and reflectivity of the bodies suggest they were formed within the first 3 million years of the solar system's life, whereas Earth was something of a late arrival .
- Since the Earth itself reflects about 30% of sunlight back into orbit, increasing the reflectivity of the planet just slightly could be enough to counter warming.
- At the same time, as the polar icecaps shrink, the planet's total reflectivity decreases.
- Richard Lindzen in MIT News
The IPCC assumed that all the secondary effects of aerosols would be to increase reflectivity, so it has left out a very important factor that could lead to the opposite effect,Lindzen says.