- n French composer and exponent of Impressionism (1875-1937)
- n a row of unravelled stitches
- v disentangle
can you unravel the mystery?
- v tangle or complicate
a ravelled story
- And Lonlon, an African folk a cappella adaptation of Bolero, might have pleased even Ravel.
News & Articles
- Obama picks California watchdog for FEC
Ann Ravel, California's top campaign finance watchdog, was nominated to the Federal Election Commission by President Obama on Friday. SACRAMENTO -- Ann Ravel, California's top campaign finance watchdog, was nominated to the Federal Election Commission by President Obama on Friday.
June 22, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Obama plucks California's political ethics agency chair for federal post
Ann Ravel, the combative chairwoman of California's Fair Political Practices Commission, is one of two people President Barack Obama will nominate to the Federal Election Commission, the White House announced Friday.
June 22, 2013 - The Sacramento Bee
- State political watchdog Ann Ravel named to Federal Election Commission
Fair Political Practices Commission Chairwoman Ann Ravel, a former Santa Clara County counsel, will be nominated to the Federal Election Commission, the White House announced Friday.
June 21, 2013 - Contra Costa Times
- Trey Anastasio in Rolling Stone
I grew up loving Ravel and Eric Clapton equally,Trey says. "So I kept saying to Don, 'why can't we have a piece of music that's half Ravel and half Cream's Disraeli Gears?"
- Bruce Hornsby in Top40-Charts.com
Hornsby calls his distinctive style a meld of jazz pianist "Bill Evans-meets-the hymnbook. I've always loved Bill's harmonic conception that comes out of Ravel and the French Impressionists, and I've been influenced by folk hymnal harmonies and...