- r in a ragged uneven manner
I took the cigarette he offered, drawing at it raggedly
- r in a ragged irregular manner
a stone wall trails raggedly through the woods
- r with a ragged and uneven appearance
a long beard, raggedly cut
- The new book is a raggedly plotted novel whose first-person heroine, Sister Ursula, obviously walks in the footsteps of Monica Baldwin.
- Yale was second, rowing with power but somewhat raggedly.
- A month ago it was a hole-in-the-wall bureau, cheerless in appearance, raggedly staffed, desultory in action.
News & Articles
- Phosphorescent, Live In Concert: Newport Folk 2013
Raised in Alabama and based in Brooklyn, Phosphorescent's Matthew Houck makes moody, searching, raggedly pretty music. But there's also a wise, homesick weariness to Houck's voice that transcends time and place. Watch Phosphorescent perform the cosmic country song "Ride On/Right On" at the 2013 Newport Folk Festival.
July 27, 2013 - NPR