- n a person who is the aim of an attack (especially a victim of ridicule or exploitation) by some hostile person or influence
- n a surface excavation for extracting stone or slate
a British term for `quarry' is `stone pit'
- n animal hunted or caught for food
- v extract (something such as stones) from or as if from a quarry
- Last summer Alfred began to prowl the quarry with Joe Geiler and Mike Bandrowski, who had joined the project just a few months before.
- William Griffith Wilson grew up in a quarry town in Vermont.
- And one of the most quintessential is the Dorset Quarry.
- Sammy Wilson in Belfast Telegraph
It's a sentiment he expresses through the art of the subtle sneer when he talks of Australia's economy becoming nothing more than China's quarry and Japan's beach, as if mining was somehow sub-par and not sufficiently knowledge-based for Mr Rudd's... John Howard http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Howard&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFDkwfWMg8IAUPTl_zgAMfcDWHY9A Milton Ulladulla Times http://www.google.com/url?q=http://milton.yourguide.com.au/news/breaking/general/pm-wants-a-nation-of-opportunity/1082752.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGAeI_skJ4wRbEObb0TJqqtv6fMTw Nov 7, 2007
79495 107134 quarry Speaking ahead of a visit to Magheramorne Quarry this morning, Mr Wilson said: This is an imaginative and unique opportunity for Northern Ireland that will reuse what has become a redundant quarry and replace it with a major tourist attraction....
- Michael Russell in Environmental Data Interactive
Sadly, the quarry from which this fabulous material comes has closed for economic reasons, so the only additional specimens that are going to appear now are items that are already in collectors' hands and that may not have been fully prepared or... Derek Briggs http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derek_Briggs&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEptSd08XAW7zhrtjMuTcOvxDMOtw Science Daily (press release) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/02/090205142145.htm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEwMSyFehq3_SOekJHkL5c57LTY_g Feb 5, 2009
79497 107135 quarrying Speaking at the reserve, Mr Russell said: The Community Environmental Renewal Scheme is designed to help communities across Scotland living in the vicinity of quarrying activity to boost their quality of life through restoring their local...