- s pleasing by delicacy or grace; not imposing
- s (used ironically) unexpectedly bad
a pretty mess
a pretty kettle of fish
- r to a moderately sufficient extent or degree
- Unless you believe that pretty much anyplace other than Arizona State University is a third-tier school, this is patently untrue, evidence of the extreme isolation of the remaining .
- Why some girls like pretty boys? .
- Her husband, for one, seems to have a pretty clear idea what he thinks she should get as a consolation prize.
- Charlie Crist in The Associated Press
It's pretty ugly, there's no question about it,Gov. Charlie Crist said.
- Alistair Darling in Times Online
I want to make it clear that we will do whatever it takes not only to stabilise the system but to help going forward, and that means perhaps some pretty big steps that we wouldn't take in ordinary times,Mr Darling said.
- Tiger Wood in FOXNews
A guy that's won 14 majors, he's got a lot of game,Els said, "I think he's very close. I haven't played with him in about a year. I think his ball-striking was pretty good the last two days. His short game is pretty sharp, he just didn't...