- n a skilled worker who is employed to restore or refinish buildings or antique furniture
- n a cook who preserves fruits or meat
- n someone who keeps safe from harm or danger
- n rescue equipment consisting of a buoyant belt or jacket to keep a person from drowning
- Dangling a life preserver ring to them, the chopper began ferrying them to shore.
- In past crises, Brazil was usually the nation in need of the largest life preserver.
- Environmentalists are turning to the bike as a pollution solution; physical-fitness fans like the bike as a heart preserver.
News & Articles
- Introduced grasses invade South Texas landscape
Old world bluestem was a life preserver for ranchers in the early 1900s. What wasn't know, was the impact the introduced grasses would have on the South Texas landscape years later.
June 16, 2013 - Corpus Christi Caller-Times
- Lori Swanson in BusinessWeek
People who are swimming in debt are often desperate for a life preserver, but they should know that debt settlement companies usually just anchor them down with even more financial problems,said Attorney General Lori Swanson in a news release.
- Bob Casey in Capitol News Connection
Sen. Bob Casey, D-Pa., said he wants to make sure, "states can balance their budget in the next couple of months. I think it's a job preserver as well."
- Jean-Claude Trichet in New York Times
As we have said all along and anticipated when we knew about the oil rig coming to the South Atlantic, our claim remains firm and permanent. We are going to take all necessary measures in the legal and diplomatic framework to preserver our rights... Jorge Taiana http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jorge_Taiana&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNE2oXCLBU31YbK03m2TWwaTCADEZA MercoPress http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.mercopress.com/2010/02/12/argentina-will-take-the-falklands-oil-drilling-case-to-united-nations&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEhufSqVTmwLwuZyHZG1btE1Fj25A Feb 11, 2010
77190 104094 preserves ECB President Jean-Claude Trichet said the deal was a solution that preserves the responsibility of the governments of the eurozone."