- n a word picture of a person's appearance and character
- n any likeness of a person, in any medium
the photographer made excellent portraits
- Before buying an animal, visitors changed their Roman denarii (the dollar of the day) for shekels, or Temple coins, that had no portraits on them and so did not violate the .
- Gilbert Stuart tartly maintained that "no one would paint history who could do a portrait," but as the chief depicter of George Washington, he showed that to paint portraits is.
- Unlike the pictures that hang on the walls of other Manhattan galleries, 460 Park Avenue's portraits are not for sale.
- Annie Leibovitz in Hollywood.com
In a statement released on Monday, Leibovitz says, "I'm sorry that my portrait of Miley has been misinterpreted. Miley and I looked at fashion photographs together and we discussed the picture in that context before we shot it. The photograph is a...
- David Hanson in Forbes
So by coincidence they're both Zeno, and in other ways this robot has become more of a portrait sculpturally of the son, although it's almost coincidence,said Hanson, whose previous jobs include working as a character sculptor for The Walt...
- Benicio Del Toro in International Herald Tribune
It reminds me of the painter who did a portrait of this lady, and when he gave it to the lady, the lady said, 'That portrait doesn't look anything like me.' And the painter said, 'Oh, it will,'Del Toro said. "I really think that...