- n a word picture of a person's appearance and character
- n the activity of making portraits
- Stuff White People Like #2030: Abstract portraiture.
- You won't find them on Mount Rushmore, yet each of these Presidents can lay claim to a status that transcends stone portraiture or academic canonization.
- In Munch or Van Gogh, portraiture resembles a siege laid to the Self by the Other.
News & Articles
- Two-man collective STATIC presents exhibition at Scream in London
STATIC continue to push the boundaries of portraiture and image making, previously explored in their earlier bodies of work Moments of Clarity and the Holi Series.
June 10, 2013 - Art Daily
- Museum of Contemporary Art opens Dawoud Bey photography exhibit
The Museum of Contemporary Art, MOCA, in North Miam held an opening reception for photographer Dawoud Bey's exhibit titled ‘Picturing People’ on Thursday, June 6. ‘Picturing People’ features the evolution of Bey's portraiture over the past three decades and will be on display for museum-goers to enjoy through Sept.?9.
June 10, 2013 - Miami Herald
- Fashgasm 9.6.2013
Posted in Fashion / Fashion blog / Fashion industry / Topical fashion discussions 9.6.2013 Yesterday’s most popular picture Ali Lohan by Jesse Untracht-Oakner for Relapse Magazine Latest editorials 5 glam-grunge makeup tutorials to try this week Masculine, feminine, hatted: Bruna Tenorio Jill Stuart Resort 2014 Rag & Bone Resort 2014 Doll-like beauty: an evocative portraiture Breaking up in ...
June 10, 2013 - StyleBistro
- Stanley Wells in BBC News
Professor Stanley Wells, chairman of The Shakespeare Birthplace Trust, said: "The identification of this portrait marks a major development in the history of Shakespearean portraiture. This new portrait is a very fine painting."
- Ron Galella in Vancouver Sun
I look for the glamour,says Galella. "I'm interested in portraiture. I'm not like these other guys who take celebrity pictures now. There's an art to what I do and it's all about the expression . . . It's not just about taking a picture of...
- Yousuf Karsh in Telegraph.co.uk
The Prime Minister had just addressed the Canadian Parliament and Karsh recalled: "He was in no mood for portraiture and two minutes were all that he would allow me as he passed from the House of Commons chamber to an ante-room. Two niggardly...