- n an opening remark intended to secure an advantage for the speaker
- n a maneuver in a game or conversation
- But Bennett's main theme is that Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation was only "a ploy" designed to keep as many slaves in bondage as possible until Lincoln could build support for .
- The ploy used to work, but now the phone sits silent.
- The use of respectable fronts and legitimate businesses is a time-honored Mafia ploy, and according to police, Barnes learned that trick and many others from the late Brooklyn .
News & Articles
- MacArthur: Secession scam will prove to be nothing more than toddler's tantrum
All right, I'll bite — although it's an obvious political ploy getting attention with all the subtly of a 3-year-old throwing a tantrum.
June 12, 2013 - The Fort Collins Coloradoan
- AMD unveils world’s first 5GHz CPU
In a desperate ploy to stay relevant, AMD has announced the first commercially available CPU to hit 5GHz: the FX-9590. Like its flagship predecessor, the FX-8350, the new chip features four Piledriver modules, which roughly equates to eight cores (but not really). For those of you who can't afford the FX-9590, AMD is also releasing the FX-9370, which is identical except for a slightly lower ...
June 11, 2013 - ExtremeTech
- Why Everton Fans Should Be Excited About Roberto Martinez
Swooping in for a recently relegated manager to put him in charge of a top-six side with Champions League ambitions is not a ploy too many would predict resulting in success. This is, however, the exact formula Everton have chosen to follow in replacing David Moyes , yet for the most part, the appointment of Roberto Martinez has been met with approval from supporters. There is certainly a lot ...
June 11, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Barbra Streisand in USA Today
This calculated, cynical ploy to pull away a small percentage of Hillary's women voters from Barack Obama will not work,Streisand wrote on her Web page. "We are not that stupid!"
- Harry Reid in San Francisco Chronicle
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, lumping Bush with McCain, accused them of staging a "cynical campaign ploy" that won't help lower energy prices.
- George Galloway in New York Times
As The Guardian reported, Mr. Galloway said on Friday that he will fight to have the ban overturned, calling it: "a rather desperate election ploy by a conservative government reaching the end of line, or by a minister who has not cottoned on to the...