- n a series of steps to be carried out or goals to be accomplished
they drew up a six-step plan
they discussed plans for a new bond issue
- n an arrangement scheme
a plan for seating guests
- n scale drawing of a structure
the plans for City Hall were on file
- v have the will and intention to carry out some action
He plans to be in graduate school next year
The rebels had planned turmoil and confusion
- v make plans for something
He is planning a trip with his family
- v make or work out a plan for; devise
plan an attack
- v make a design of; plan out in systematic, often graphic form
plan the new wing of the museum
- The new housing plan offers a detailed strategy for stemming foreclosures.
- It was a sign of how the Israeli and American governments lacked interest in the Middle East peace process that when the Arab League adopted a historic, comprehensive peace plan .
- Additionally, Congress plans to pay out $200 million to provide financial incentives for teachers and principals to do their jobs better.
News & Articles
- Plan for Lottery gets OK in court
TRENTON - An appeals court has ruled that the state can move ahead with its plan to turn over sales and marketing of the New Jersey Lottery to a vendor, but plans more hearings on the matter.
June 13, 2013 - Philly.com
- Plan B emergency contraceptive pill battle: Confusion endures
It was hailed as a significant step forward in women's reproductive rights, but this week's decision by the Obama administration to allow non-prescription, over-the-counter sales of the emergency contraceptive Plan B One-Step may do little to dispel widespread bafflement over the issue, say medical and legal experts.
June 13, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Plan for fiber optic network removed from water meter contract
A plan to construct a fiber optic ring as part of a new water meter system was officially removed Tuesday from the city of Evansville’s contract with Johnson Controls, Inc., in a 5-0 vote by the Water & Sewer Utility Board.
June 12, 2013 - Evansville Courier & Press
- Joe Lieberman in TIME
Citing his concerns for the impact on the federal deficit, Senator Joe Lieberman of Connecticut told Fox News on Sunday that "if the public-option plan is in there, as a matter of conscience," he would not support the bill.
- Miroslav Klose in The Canadian Press
Our plan was to win possession quickly and then try to keep it, to pass the ball around,striker Miroslav Klose said.
- Mitch McConnell in Reuters Canada
Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell accused the Obama administration of arrogantly circumventing the American people by appointing "one of the most prominent advocates of rationed health care to implement their national (healthcare) plan."