- v kick (a ball) from a stationary position, in football
- v score (a goal) by making a place kick
- A stubbed little toethe result of indulging in the unusual pastime of trying to place-kick a hefty chunk of cinder blockcaused University of Washington Sophomore Anne Quast .
- Outplayed by Notre Dame, Navy, undefeated in November for the first time in eight years, clung desperately to a three-point lead from Cutter's place-kick in the second quarter.
- Enid Ferris is one of those primly efficient young matrons who know how to place-kick an indulgent husband over the goal posts of a cash culture to make a social score.
- Brian Taylor in Melbourne Herald Sun
I understand the place-kick is still legal, so it would come down to a player being confident enough to use it and executing the kick within 30 seconds,Taylor said. "The reality is it's a more efficient method of goalkicking. The...
- Chris Kluwe in Minneapolis Star Tribune
They used to give us only 15 minutes before a game to work with the K-balls,Kluwe said. "This year, they started giving us 45 minutes because [Cowboys quarterback Tony] Romo muffed that hold on the place-kick in the playoffs last year....