- r without pity; in a merciless manner
- Oh, and it's a comic book Bechdel's breathtakingly, pitilessly smart commentary duets with deliriously eloquent line drawings, as well as letters and maps and literary quotations.
- Apple's new iPhone could do to the cell phone market what the iPod did to the portable music player market: crush it pitilessly beneath the weight of its own superiority.
- Apple's new iPhone, which will be available in June, could do to the cell-phone market what the iPod did to the portable-music-player market: crush it pitilessly beneath the weight .
- Friedrich Engels in ZNet
Capitalism, Marx and Frederick Engels noted in 1848 (in a passage that seems highly relevant more than a century and half later), "has put an end to all feudal, patriarchal, idyllic relations. It has pitilessly torn asunder the motley feudal ties...
- Alison Croggon in The Australian
Forsyth delivers a performance that immediately defines itself as classic; she brings to the role a masterly control and emotional depth that pitilessly excavates every nuance in Beckett's text,wrote The Australian's Melbourne theatre critic...