- r as of footsteps
- r describing a rhythmic beating
- Then, just when Laver seemed to be anticipating another pitty-pat shot, Gonzalez would power a thread-needle drive into the corner.
- Showtime and for Valle, a come showy easily to man, was a pitty-pat exercise in which Cooney fended off the trainer's slapping hands to the tempo of the spectators' building .
- On the first, a violin solo, Menuhin spins out a contemplative opening cadenza, progresses to some pizzicato syncopations, then, over the pitty-pat of tabla (drums), skips and .
- Andre Berto in BoxingScene.com
It was not a hard transition for me to turn pro because people knew me as having a professional style in the amateurs,Berto said. "I was never into the amateur style of pitty-pat punching. I just had to work on a few things, like sitting...
- Roy Jones in Times Online
More of the pressure is on Joe,Jones said. "He's going to start throwing punches tomorrow and through the weekend. People say he throws pitty-pat stuff, but he can punch. I could never match the output that Joe will throw. But what you...