- r without pity; in a merciless manner
- He hounded and beat the boy so unmercifully that in the Kremlin one night in the late 1920s, Yakov tried to shoot himself.
- He has unmercifully turned the screws on Hamas-controlled Gaza.
- He alternately froze, sweat unmercifully, gasped for breath in the 12,000-ft.
News & Articles
- IHT Rendezvous: Chancellor Merkel Discovers the Internet
Germany’s Angela Merkel has been unmercifully mocked for suggesting that the Internet is uncharted territory. Is she really out of touch, or was she just reflecting her suspicions about the perils of the technology?
June 20, 2013 - New York Times