- s inspiring mixed contempt and pity
pitiable lack of character
- s deserving or inciting pity
pitiable homeless children
- His account of how he made the transition from front-page monster to model prisoner is pitiable, but it would need geniuswhich his friends seem to claim for him, and which he .
- That same day at Scotts Bluff, two pitiable figures, one of them with an empty sleeve dangling at its side, were dragged into the main street.
- This is a tale so primal and pitiable that for many a former child it deserves to be retold on an analyst's couch.
News & Articles
- The Anna Nicole Story: TV Review
The Lifetime original movie paints Anna Nicole Smith as pitiable yet always likable, even as her desperate desire for fame fueled her public self-destruction. read more
June 28, 2013 - The Hollywood Reporter
- the Apostle Paul in Niles Daily Star
Paul said in 1 Corinthians, chapter 15, verse 19, "If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men the most pitiable."
- Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono in The Age
The worst thing that anyone can do is become protectionist and thus invite protectionist retaliation in a trade war in which everyone will emerge a pitiable loser,Yudhoyono said. "We should remain practitioners of free trade and persevere...
- Lee Kuan Yew in Reuters UK
I don't hate you, I feel sorry for you, I think you cut a pitiable figure,said Chee of Lee Kuan Yew.