- s of the blackest black; similar to the color of jet or coal
- s having the characteristics of pitch or tar
- Despite Randy Jackson's stock American Idol critique--"A little pitchy, dawg"--many beloved songs are actually off-pitch or out of tune.
- But her vocals are badly pitchy and and the horrible plastic arrangement makes it sound like a commercial for a multivitamin.
- Trias, a sweet, button-cute 17-year-old from Hawaii who looks as if she were drawn by Disney animators, hit several off notes (in Idolese, she was "pitchy") and the judges pummeled .
- Randy Jackson in AceShowbiz (blog)
Randy said, "You know I love you, but it was just pitchy everywhere, it wasn't great."
- Ryan Seacrest in Newsday
Antonella, Paula called it (the performance) pitchy,Seacrest said during the broadcast. "Simon said the song was too big for you."
- Jake Gold in Cape Breton Post
You have a very unique tone and that's one of the reasons why I think we picked you for your tone and you got a chance to show that today. At times your voice went a little bit pitchy but overall I thought you represented yourself well,said...