- n a dough of flour and water and shortening
- n any of various baked foods made of dough or batter
- But that's just what happened last May when she was named America's top pastry chef by the prestigious James Beard Foundation.
- In 1990 she became a pastry assistant at Union Square Caf, one of the many places where she'd waited tables.
- Guido and Dora have a baby boy, Joshua, and when he's about five he asks his father why Jews and dogs aren't allowed into the pastry shop.
News & Articles
- Suspension over gun-shaped toaster pastry is now permanent mark on kid’s record
This week brought more bad news for Joshua Welch, the Baltimore-area second-grader who was suspended for two days because his teacher thought he shaped a breakfast pastry into something resembling a gun.
June 13, 2013 - The Daily Caller via Yahoo! News
- Soft pastry flour gives bakers a tender crumb
The lower protein percentage of pastry flour means it produces a tender crumb, especially with cakes that need to be light and airy. But you also can use pastry flour in pastries, pie crusts, cakes and some cookies.
June 11, 2013 - Detroit Free Press
- Appeal Of Pastry Gun Suspension Denied For Maryland Second Grader
The 7-year-old-boy who made headlines after getting suspended for chewing his breakfast pastry into the shape of a gun has been denied the opportunity to wipe the incident from his record. According to the second grader’s family, school officials in Maryland decided on Monday to deny an appeal to expunge the suspension from the boy’s record. The boy was suspended in March after chewing his ...
June 11, 2013 - Opposing Views