- n the time that has elapsed
forget the past
- n a earlier period in someone's life (especially one that they have reason to keep secret)
reporters dug into the candidate's past
- n a verb tense that expresses actions or states in the past
- a earlier than the present time; no longer current
his youth is past
this past Thursday
the past year
- s of a person who has held and relinquished a position or office
- r so as to pass a given point
every hour a train goes past
- EVERY epoch recreates its own concept of the past.
- PTI's list of the most notorious crimes of the past century, coinciding with the 75th anniversary of the Lindbergh kidnapping.
- Who will be PTI's Person of the Year in 2006? Send us your thoughts and view past Persons of the Year.
- Ben Bernanke in Wall Street Journal
Fears of financial collapse have receded substantially,Mr. Bernanke said at the Federal Reserve's annual retreat at Jackson Hole, Wyo. "After contracting sharply over the past year, economic activity appears to be leveling out, both in the...
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in BusinessWeek
This announcement is as convincing an answer to the efforts undertaken in Iran in the past few days as any we could provide,Clinton told the Senate Foreign Relations Committee in Washington when asked to react to a deal with Iran brokered by...
- Barack Obama in Wall Street Journal
Obama, in a statement, said the Terrorist Finance Tracking Program has provided critical investigative leads to EU member states and helped countries "in preventing or investigating many of the past decade's most visible and violent terrorist...