- v be earlier in time; go back further
- v come before
- v be the predecessor of
- v move ahead (of others) in time or space
- v furnish with a preface or introduction
- a existing or coming before
- s of a person who has held and relinquished a position or office
- It aired live twice a day, once before the network news with Chet Huntley and David Brinkley and later preceding the Tonight show, which at that time starred Steve Allen.
- The preceding week had already seen such huge waves of panic selling that Police Commissioner Grover Whalen stationed an extra 500 cops on the increasingly rowdy streets of New .
- For each of the past 71 years, PTI has picked the single person (man, woman, group or even idea) who, for better or worse, has most influenced events in the preceding year.
News & Articles
- Beneficial Bank supports 4th of July Firecracker 5K
The Broomall Rotary Club will host the fourth annual Firecracker 5K Run 9:25 a.m., July 4, immediately preceding the Annual Marple-Newtown Independence Day Parade. Beneficial Bank is a supporter of the 5K and has been a member of the Broomall community since 1960. The Broomall branch will be moving to the corner of Sproul Road and Paxon Hollow Road in 2014. Runners of all abilities are ...
June 12, 2013 - Marple Newtown County Press
- Depite Bearish Rhetoric, Bill Gross Retains Treasurys As Most-Held Asset
A month ago, Bill Gross stirred up a storm in rates with his tweet that the " Bull bond market was dead " which caught us by surprise because just in the preceding month, PIMCO's flagship Total Return Fund raised its allocation to government-related (read TSY) bonds to the highest in three years, with a net exposure of 40% of AUM, or about $117 billion. Of course, the data was backward looking ...
June 12, 2013 - Zero Hedge
- Dispatch call released, describes Paris Jackson's injuries
The Los Angeles County Fire Department released the 911 call preceding Paris Jackson's hospitalization.
June 11, 2013 - Philly.com
- Raymond Domenech in National
I'm sad for all the fans and everyone who support the French team,Domenech said. "It's the hard and harsh reality of our situation. So I have a genuine sense of sadness. We wasted too much energy [in the events preceding the match]. It is...
- John McCain in CBS News
You drag this out as long as you can,responded McCain in a moment of candor. "You don't just have one. ...... This is the announcement preceding the formal announcement."
- Edward Kennedy in Seattle Times
There was another time, when another young candidate was running for president and challenging America to cross a New Frontier,Kennedy said. "He faced public criticism from the preceding Democratic president, who was widely respected in...