- n an informal term for a father; probably derived from baby talk
News & Articles
- 'Papa Joe' Aviance Loses 250 Pounds on 99 Cent Store Diet
Joe Aviance, or "Papa Joe" as he's called, is sparking big buzz after dropping hundreds of pounds on his 99 cent store diet.
June 11, 2013 - ABC News via Yahoo! News
- Papa Grows Funk’s Last Jam
Papa Grows Funk have confirmed the lineup for their The Last Jam weekend. After 13 years, the group will go on hiatus this summer. On Friday, June 28, the Big Easy staples will host a free Fan Appreciation Party at New Orleans’ Carrollton Station from 7-10pm.
June 10, 2013 - Jambands.com
- Papa John’s opens in Lompoc
Jesse and Amber McBain, owners of the Lompoc Papa John’s Pizza, cut the ribbon at the official opening of the local store.
June 9, 2013 - The Lompoc Record
- Abdoulaye Wade in China Post
I had a telephone conversation with Captain Moussa Dadis Camara, who calls me 'Papa,'Senegal's President Abdoulaye Wade said in comments broadcast on Radio France International, and reported prominently in Senegalese newspapers.
- David Honeyboy Edwards in Minneapolis Star Tribune
Blues ain't never going anywhere,Edwards said. "It can get slow, but it ain't going nowhere. You play a lowdown dirty shame slow and lonesome, my mama dead, my papa across the sea I ain't dead but I'm just supposed to be blues. You can...
- Sarah Jessica Parker in San Francisco Chronicle
Parker adds: "I've been pretty candid with him. I wanted him to have time to adjust to the idea of sharing his mama and his papa."