- n an informal term for a father; probably derived from baby talk
- n a short-lived radioactive metallic element formed from uranium and disintegrating into actinium and then into lead
- n a unit of pressure equal to one newton per square meter
- n a Mid-Atlantic state; one of the original 13 colonies
- n an electronic amplification system used as a communication system in public areas
News & Articles
- Pa. watchdog: Check discipline listings for your dentist, doctor, nurse or other professional
York, PA - Several months ago, police say, Cheryl A. Laing, 45, and Jessica Gullickson, 24, both of Broomall in Delaware County, were working overtime at a dentist's office on Old Lancaster Avenue in Bryn Mawr, Montgomery County.
June 13, 2013 - York Daily Record
- PA Governor Corbett Asks for and Receives Resignation of DCNR Secretary
HARRISBURG, Pa., June 13, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Governor Tom Corbett today asked for and received the resignation of the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources Secretary Richard J. Allan.Allan, 59, of Cumberland County, has served as a member of the cabinet since March 2011.Ellen Ferretti, Deputy Secretary for Parks and Forestry, will serve as Acting Secretary effective ...
June 13, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! News
- Pa. in line for severe thunderstorms Thursday
HARRISBURG, Pa. AP 8212 Pennsylvania is sitting directly in the path of a major weather system that could dump significant rain, bring hail and high winds, and cause flooding.Officials are monitoring the coming storm, Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency spokesman Cory Angell said late Wednesday afternoon.
June 13, 2013 - Times Leader
- Princess Diana in International Herald Tribune
In one of the letters read to the jury, Diana wrote: "Dearest Pa, I was particularly touched by your most recent letter which proved to me, if I didn't already know it, that you really do care."
- Francois Fillon in Reuters UK
The government is very much on its guard against all attempts to destabilise Societe Generale(SOGN.PA: Quote, Profile, Research),Prime Minister Francois Fillon told reporters. "The government will not let Societe Generale be the object of...
- Mitt Romney in Guardian Unlimited
No, not a good time for the PA system,Romney said as he waved, unaware who was speaking.