- n graphic art consisting of an artistic composition made by applying paints to a surface
a small painting by Picasso
he bought the painting as an investment
- n creating a picture with paints
he studied painting and sculpture for many years
- n the act of applying paint to a surface
you can finish the job of painting faster with a roller than with a brush
- n the occupation of a house painter
house painting was the only craft he knew
- v make a painting
He painted a painting of the garden
- v apply paint to; coat with paint
- v make a painting of
- v apply a liquid to; e.g., paint the gutters with linseed oil
- Wells is convinced that an oil painting on wood panel that has rested for centuries in the collection of an old Irish family was painted from life around 1610, when Shakespeare was .
- A man stands before a mirror painting his face.
- In the painting Tiepolo is Apelles, at the easel; the woman posing as Campaspe is Tiepolo's wife, Cecilia Guardi; Alexander is just an extra, a studio model.
News & Articles
- Original painting by Haddon Sundblom, depicting the 1914 Kentucky Derby, to be offered at Ahlers & Ogletree
Original oil painting by Haddon “Sunny” Sundblom (1899-1976), titled 1914 Kentucky Derby. ATLANTA, GA .- An original oil painting by the renowned magazine and commercial illustrator Haddon “Sunny” Sundblom (Mich./Ill., 1899-1976), done in 1963 and depicting the 1914 Kentucky Derby horse race, is the expected top lot at a Summer Estates Auction planned for Sunday, Aug. 4, by Ahlers & Ogletree ...
June 17, 2013 - Art Daily
- Painting/poster celebrates Sesquicentennial
CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- Charleston artist Charles Jupiter Hamilton has painted a version of the celebration of West Virginias 150th birthday. The painting will be given to the West Virginia State Museum collection to be preserved and exhibited. The West Vi...
June 16, 2013 - The Charleston Gazette
- Painting of Queen Elizabeth II defaced
LONDON, June 13 (UPI) -- A painting of Queen Elizabeth II was removed from Westminster Abbey in London and a suspect arrested after the picture was sprayed with paint, officials said.
June 13, 2013 - UPI
- President Bush in Washington Post
A "Norman Rockwell painting come to life," as former president George HW Bush described him, Ford was honored as a man of little pretense whose impact extended beyond his 895 days in office.
- Cher in Leading The Charge
You don't want to stop if you can keep going,Cher said. "I never expected to be going this long. I have no idea how that happened, but it did. It's like an artist, it's like, when was it time for Picasso to stop painting? He had enough...
- Joe Maddon in MLB.com
Listen man, it was not an oil painting by any means,Maddon said with a smile. "But, it was a victory. And I'll take it."